ADDITION OF WHOLE NUMBERS - ADICION (NUMEROS ENTEROS) - ADDITION (NOMBRE ENTIER)
Content Distribution w/OER | Previous | Information
( K-12math.info )
Select and click on one of the following to obtain additional information about the term:
ADICION (NUMEROS ENTEROS) (Espa˝ol)
ADDITION (NOMBRE ENTIER) (Franšais)
From Wiktionary with translations add and some synonyms:
* "We add by bringing things together so as to form a whole.
* We join by putting one thing to another in close or continuos connection.
* We annex by attaching some adjunct to a larger body.
* We unite by bringing things together so that their parts adhere or intermingle.
* Things coalesce by coming together or mingling so as to form one organization."
From Wikipedia "Suppose you have two bags, one bag holding five apples and a second bag holding three apples. Grabbing a third, empty bag, move all the apples from the first and second bags into the third bag. The third bag now holds eight apples. This illustrates the combination of three apples and five apples is eight apples; or more generally: "three plus five is eight" or "three plus five equals eight" or "eight is the sum of three and five". Numbers are abstract, and the addition of a group of three things to a group of five things will yield a group of eight things...."
Wikibook [procedure for adding numbers]
Wikibook reference 2
From Wikiversity"When teaching young students how to add you will need to use physical items to help them understand how addition works, use items that are similar to avoid confusing younger children. It is very important that they understand the number system before trying to add or subtract. The following is an example of how to show a child how to add.
I have two blocks, Mary has two blocks, if Mary gives me two blocks how many blocks do I have?...."
From Math Wikia "Addition is the mathematical process of putting things together."
ADDITION OF WHOLE NUMBERS
Series | Code | Information
Student Textbook Series:
Grades: K-11 (ages: 5-16)
1. Harcourt Brace Jovanovich(1972)
2. D.C. Heath (1972)
3. Laidlaw (1978)
4. Houghton Mifflin(1981)
6. Harper and Row(1985)
7. Holt, Rinehart and Winston(1985)
8. Harcourt Brace Jovanovich(1985)
9. Houghton Mifflin(1985)
10. Scott, Foresman(1986)
11. Houghton Mifflin(2002)
12. McGraw-Hill/Glencoe (2002)
13. OpenSTAX/CNX/Siyavula Grades 1-9 (2009)
--- Grades 10 and 11 (2011)(OER)*
South Africa edition
14. CK-12 Mathematics 1-5 (2015)
--- (OER but not textbooks)
--- CK-12 Mathematics 6-11 (2012) (OER)*
15. Bangladesh Mathematics 1-7 (2013)
--- (OA)** (Online no longer available)
16. McGraw-Hill/Glencoe (2013/2014)
17. Math in Focus - Singapore Math
Dist. by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt K-8 (2013/2015)
18. AAAKnow (formally AAAMath) K-8 (2014)
--- (Copyrighted and not textbooks)
19. Houghton Mifflin K-8 (2015)
20. Khan Academy K-8 (2015)
--- (OER not textbooks) --
4 Term used (formally developed)
3 Term used (to support formal development)
2 Synonym of term used
1 Term used (enrichment)
- Term not present
--- Textbook not available
(OER)* This is an Open Educational Resource.
(OA)** Open Access but with standard copyright.
usage code - page number
©1972 (paper), 1985 (APPLE II/PC), 2005(www), 2016 Jim Kelly - All Rights Reserved.